Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dress Code Blues


So after my first week of being a professor I would just like to say: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job! It is so fun to be a professor! I feel like I am playing dress up and just pretending to be a professor. I hand out syllabi, I stand in front of my class and say important things, I stay after class while students ask me questions and all the while I am thinking to myself "Are they really taking me seriously?" And they are! Its awesome! Despite all this gaiety, there is one draw back to working for a church school. The faculty dress code is VERY strict i.e. I have to wear skirts past my knee and nylons at all times. I have never once watched What Not To Wear and heard Stacy and Clinton tell someone that skirts that hit them mid-calf are flattering-oh yeah because they aren't. Hence Exhibit A, the photo of my first day as a professor. I would just like to point out my adherence to BYU-I dress code and how it makes me look like a sister missionary...

Oh yeah, I lost 2 more pounds last week-10 lbs total so far!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Dear Professor McCabe, I love your new outfit. You look stunning!

Okay, let me just start by saying, I'm SO glad to hear you are loving your new job. I am so excited for you and so proud of you. I bet they love you!

You look beautiful darling! Don't let the knee length skirts get you down. :)

Nancy said...

I'm glad you are loving it. It does seem like it would be fun after 25 years of being a student, finally being the one in charge up front. Sorry about the dress code... you look cute though. :) Good job on those 2 lbs.

darbs said...

love the outfit. you crack me up

Spendy said...

ok, I blog-stalked you... and the sister missionary professor pictures were worth it! I have a student teacher right now from BYU-I and she is hands down their #1 spokesperson... she dresses like you have to. I don't get it.

Anyway, you're entertaining! I might stalk you again sometime...