Friday, January 29, 2010

Here goes nothing...

So they say a picture is worth a thousand words and since for some reason its embarrassing for me to say it out loud, here you go...




I don't know if you can see, but this is baby's profile, you can see its little nose and upper lip:)

Here are some facts about baby:

*He/She is due 7/11/10 which I like because for some reason I love July and slurpees from 711

*I have been very morning sick and dying to complain via blog, but have restrained. I think it is mean and ironic that you aren't supposed to tell anyone you are pregnant in the 1st trimester and yet that is when you would really like some sympathy. I finally told my students at BYUI because I wanted them to know why I looked pale with a greenish hue and was porking down bagels and cream cheese during their lessons.

*It has a brain. My uncle told me about a baby that was born without a brain and of course I have been fixated on that possibility until I saw its little brain on the ultrasound

*I have had, and continue to have, severe anxiety about baby's health. Right now I am worried that baby's legs are fused together because at the ultrasound it wouldn't uncross its legs to show us the gender. In fact I secretly think I am jinxing baby's health by announcing its existence to the blog world. I am out of control.

*I felt baby's first kick the other day. I was introducing it to John Mayer on the radio and after listening for a bit baby bumped me to let me know he/she would like me to buy some concert tickets for us.

12 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Congratulations! What great news! Sorry you've been feeling so bleh.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this little person someday!

Nancy said...

So so so exciting!

I agree with the whole first trimester thing and how it sucks that you are at your sickest, but can't complain to anyone yet. And we never even tell family until I'm pretty far along. Just wait until the heartburn sets in at the end and you can complain on your blog all you want.

I'm always paranoid that something is wrong as well. Or I'm paranoid that giving birth is too hard and I can't do it. I just keep reminding myself that millions of healthy babies are born all the time and that lots and lots of women give birth, some without drugs even. Everything will be perfect.

wendys said...

Congrats! I bet your baby will be a marathon runner with two healthy legs.

janel said...

I bet your baby will be a swimmer, like her mama! Watch out for those kicks!

Paige said...

Congratulations Angela and Adam!!! We are so happy for you two. Sorry to hear you have been feeling so terrible, but you know what they say...lots of morning sickness = healthy baby! So not to worry. He or she is going to be just perfect. And he/she already has great taste in music. I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see you next month.

Rach said...

Congrats! I'm sure your baby will have two very robust legs. I agree that it is hard not to get to complain in the first trimester. I craved bagels and cream cheese when I was pregnant, too. Here's some advice: ignore everyone's horror stories. For some reason people see your baby bump and immediately feel a need to tell you the worst story they can think up. I hope you can enjoy your pregnancy! I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of mini-Angela!

Jessica said...

ANGELA!! That is SUPER exciting!! My sister's birthday is 7/11 and we LOVE getting free slurpies at 711 on her bday :)

Kristan said...

Congratulations!!! This is such exciting news! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Danielle said...

WOW!!! Congrats! I love that you want the baby born on 7/11 because of slurpees. Also I love that you can use your baby as an excuse to go see John Mayer! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo...congratulations!

Amott Family said...

Cousin Ang I am so excited for you!!!! Hooray! Would that Uncle be Uncle Dale???
Anyhow I love you to pieces and I am so excited to hear all about the 711 baby~ you could name him/her 'slurpee'??

Leah said...

Are you kidding! I had no idea! I'm so so excited for you! I hope you're feeling better now that your out of that first trimester! I'm just so happy for you guys.