Thursday, January 14, 2010

Postmark: Garage

Dear Pile of Boxes in the Garage-
If you have time left over after your busy schedule of gathering dust, attracting mice and ants, and making it impossible for me to reach the freezer could you please unearth the following things and place them nicely on the garage steps:
1) Mrs. Butterworth's syrup, as I painstakingly made buttermilk pancakes from scratch this morning only to find that the syrup is still packed somewhere in you.
2) Krusteaz pancake mix, so I never have to make pancakes from scratch again.
3) The 3 Netflix movies that I received before our move and never watched.
4) My contact lenses, as I have broken my glasses and they are now held together attractively by super glue.
5) My will to get out of bed in the morning now that I don't have a job.
6) A magical diploma that says that somehow I finished my stupid doctorate during my sleep and that I will never have to think about it again.
That is all.
Respectively yours,
Lazy Girl with Glued Glasses

2 comments:

Rach said...

You crack me up, Angela. I hope your garage complies. I don't even know how to make pancakes from scratch. Good luck with the unpacking. We had an entire room at our apartment dedicated to unpacked boxes, and I'd just sort through them until I found what I was looking for (or until I gave up or forgot what I was looking for). Now we have an entire storage closet full of unpacked boxes. I don't even remember what's in them anymore. Good luck with everything!

Nancy said...

Don't you hate moving? (Actually, yes, you do.) It was several months before we found everything we'd been looking for after our move.