Saturday, March 20, 2010

dissertation

Things I would rather be doing than writing my dissertation:

1) Watching basketball because WHO DOESN'T LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!!!!?????? I LOVE it! I don't watch basketball throughout the year, but somehow when march comes around, I am obsessed! The games are most always nail-biters, I have personal stock in every game because I want to have bracket success, and 2 words: cinderella story! Also college basketball really highlights the pep band. You gotta love the ubiquitous trumpet player in the pep band who is blowing his guts out during "The Final Countdown" and "Eye of the Tiger". You can practically see his lips coming out of the bell, and his tomato red face about to explode on the forced high notes. The only sporting event better than NCAA's is of course the blessed olympics.

2)Watching the olympics. The olympics is the closest we will ever get to world peace in my opinion.

3)Playing outside in the sun, we have planted our garden and I want to go out and tend it with my spade.

4)Anything, because I hate my degree!

4 comments:

Rach said...

You can do it! And I love all your reasons. What's your dissertation on? I hated doing my scholarly paper for my masters with a passion. I dont think I even kept a copy because it represented so much time I could have spent being anywhere but in the library. Good luck. You can do it!

Danielle said...

You are so funny. Keep it up, you can do it!!!

Paige said...

You are almost there Angela!!! You can do it!! P.S. I am SO glad to hear you filled out a bracket this year. This tournament is FANTASTIC! Isn't it so much fun? I still remember the good old days in college, watching March Madness and painting our nails. Ahhh...those were good times. :) Hope your bracket is doing well, and keep up the good work with that dissertation.

krista said...

I was just thinking of you, darling head, because I read your comment on Janel's blog about hair and I remembered the honey pot note I got from my hair that one time. I assume you remember? Miss you! p.s. Wish the Suns had beat the dumb Lakers, speaking of basketball.