Sunday, December 28, 2008

Adam's Hunt

Hi folks, this is Adam. I've decided to brag, I mean blog, about my last hunt of the year.
It all started with a long drive to my hunt unit down in Az. I drove most of the afternoon, on into the night finally getting there about 2 am. I was too tired to set up my tent, so I threw down my cot and grabbed a couple hours of sleep under the stars. Opening day was pretty uneventful, except for a slight knee injury. The next day I hunted in the morning with not much success, probably due to the bum knee. I headed back to camp and hung out waiting for my two brothers and good friend to get back from their hunt. We decided to part ways again, due to they were chasing deer and I was after buffalo. Thats right people Tatonka.
I was lucky enough to bring my little niece out with me, and after some sneakin around the woods, we ran into three, huge bull buffalo. After a few well placed shots one bull dropped. SUCCESS!!!!! Madison, my niece, to my surprise was super excited. She wanted to touch his eye and even held the enormous leg while I started to butcher it. The next day I got my deer. We had a lot of fun. I missed my wife though.





5 comments:

Angela said...

Great Job Honey!!!!

McCabe Family said...

What a good bragger, I mean blogger. Great post!

Angela said...

Did I mention how much I LOVE buffalo meat? You are the best hunter ever!

Rach said...

I don't know you Adam-I'm Angela's friend from BYU, but I'm really impressed with the size of that buffalo. I had bison filet mignon once. Not bad. Nice pictures.

Jill said...

Adam! I love the pictures. Thats wonderful that you got a buffalo, that means many buffalo burgers to come. I want one. I miss you and Angela!!!!!