Monday, January 19, 2009

Wives and Daughters

Attention all Pride and Prejudice fans, I have now found a new British love story that will let you live it all over again! The mini-series is called Wives and Daughters and I LOVE it! Over Christmas my sister introduced it to me and my mom and we literally became obsessed. The characters are hilarious, lovable and intriguing and the love story is of course adorable. It felt like I was watching Pride and Prejudice all over again, but this time I didn't know the ending:) I highly recommend it to all my fellow romantics!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Ooh, I really liked that one. There's another one by the same author (Elizabeth Gaskell) called "North and South" (not about the Civil War) that is amazing. Trust me on this one. You should see it.

wendys said...

I've read the book and loved it (except for the unfinished ending) but have yet to see the movie. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nancy said...

Sounds fun... I'll start making a list for those nights when my husband is busy studying and I need girlie stuff to watch.

Anonymous said...

I finally got it from the library! Thanks for the recommendation; I loved it. I spent several Kevinless evenings quite enjoying it. And, I second another comment about "North and South." You need to watch that one too!

Amott Family said...

Holy cousiness! I totally loved this film. BUT DON'T read the book...small type...no ending. The author died before she could finish it!
Yes North and South....by Elizabeth Gaskell...not Patrick Swayze North and South rocks...as does the book. (Ditto to all the above commentS!!!)
Also check out all the new BBC versions of Jane Austen. I love them all.
Cousin Ande