Friday, October 10, 2008

I heart Friday



The most magical part of my week is friday afternoon. I LOVE friday afternoon! I love packing up my flute after my last lesson, turning off my computer, switching off my light and walking away from work for 2 whole days. Time stretches out before me untainted, unassigned, unlimited: The world is my oyster. I drive home with a smile on my face, I climb into my pajamas with childlike excitement and I lay on the couch with a sigh of sure delight.
Adam and I have a new friday night tradition. I starve myself all day on friday and the minute Adam gets home from work we go out to dinner at Craigo's Italian Restaurant. Craigo's is an old-fashioned pizza, pasta and salad bar buffet restaurant, reminiscent of the Brick Oven in Provo. The food is pretty good, but the real kicker is they have Diet Dr. Pepper and they give you free scones and cream cheese icing! Oh they are pure yumminess! Adam and I sit in our little booth discussing our week and stuffing our piggy faces. It is pure heaven!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Fun tradition. And all that food sounds yummy. We've always liked eating out a lot, but forgot how horrible it is eating out with a baby. We were used to our little kids so when Baby X came along we didn't even think about the logistics of taking a baby to a restaurant the first two times we tried it. It was horrible. I guess we'll have to start hiring babysitters and eating out on our own, I miss it.

Rach said...

I like that tradition. I think I went to Craigo's one time when I was up visiting a friend at Ricks. I like the idea of free scones. Yum...

becks said...

Seriously, Ang, your blog makes me laugh out loud. I've been to Craigo's before and it's yummy. I think I may need to have pizza for dinner now.

Jill said...

Reading your blog made me hungry. I love food. And I really love free food. Free scones. I think I need one. Sounds like fun!

Paige said...

That sounds like the perfect Friday tradition! Yum! I just read your comment on my blog and saw that you guys are coming down for Turkey-Fest 2008!!! I'm SO excited! We will totally be in town for Thanksgiving, so we will definitely plan on hanging out! I can't wait. Grimaldi's here we come!!! It's so on!