Friday, September 21, 2012

I heart band

Whenever I see a marching band in a parade I always cry. Always. Even if the band stinks, I love it. It feels like something so wholesome and good and it warms my heart every time. I realize that most of the time they are playing Eye of the Tiger or Louie Louie, but nonetheless it feels so American to me, and I hope that marching bands live on forever. Today Molly saw her first marching band and I am proud to say that she loved it. We even ran down the parade route to see it twice and she still cried for more marching band all the way home. It made me double cry to see her love it too. Yeah for band nerds everywhere!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

One of my FB friends lives across the street from a high school and always posts about how fun it is when the band starts up practice again at the end of the summer.

Jessica said...

You are too cute!!

Rach said...

Amen, my band geeky friend.

Anonymous said...

Just found your original blog - Let them eat cake. It is hilarious. So glad I found that you continued blogging. Now I have booked endless hours of procrastination! Yah!